Sunday, December 16, 2012

SSS: Bell Jar Memories

For this week's Six Sentence Sunday, I have gone back to the first story I ever started (Yes, it is still a WIP!)

Bell Jar Memories is a contemporary piece that follows Aidan Matthews home after a frantic call from his sister. Aidan hasn't been back to Kentucky since leaving after a horrible event sends him fleeing. 

In this scene, the Matthew siblings are talking with their father's doctor about the car accident damage. 


Dr. Webber was heading for the door when Maddie stopped her. "Does that mean my Gramps is going to be okay? Did you fix him?"

"I hope so honey."

"Good, then can you help my Uncle Henry?"

Oh God, kid no. Please don't say it, please don't say it. I chanted to myself.

"He has a stick up his ass and Uncle Aidan said you could help." The audible gasp from every adult beside me was palpable.  


0 comments:

Post a Comment