Monday, December 17, 2012

Sandy Hook

We all know what happened this past Friday. We will all remember the images of those children and families dealing with a tragedy that should never have happened.

Usually, I hope a song for Playlist Monday, but couldn't bring myself to play something about my writing when I can't stop thinking about these young children. I have two children the same age is those who lost their lives. Sandy Hook Elementary has the same safety procedures as my children's school. My heart breaks for these families. I would be lost without my children. My husband and I didn't tell them of the event in Sandy Hook. My youngest cries watching the commercials displaying pets without homes. I couldn't imagine telling her of such evil . Instead, we turned off the tv, played Uno and just spent time together. 

This Monday morning, I just want to remember those beautiful faces and brave teachers. I hope you all   have a blessed Monday. Hug the ones you love!


2 comments:

Jason said...

All of this is so heartbreaking. I want to show you an article that really means a lot to me.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/16/i-am-adam-lanzas-mother-mental-illness-conversation_n_2311009.html?ncid=wsc-huffpost-cards-headline

Summer said...

Hi Jason! Thank you so much for this link! I read it when RJ Scott posted it on Facebook. My heart hurts so much for Adam and his mom. I couldn't imagine the pain he was in and the pain of a mother not being able to help her son. I would with adults with disabilities. One man I work with is diagnosed with Explosive Personality disorder. When he goes through an episode, it takes 5-6 grown adults to restrain him. I hate how these types of disorders take over the person until they just can't feel anymore.

I hope other people read this article. Thank you so much sweetheart!

Post a Comment