Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Next Big Thing Blog Hop

The beautiful and amazingly talented, LC Chase was kind enough to tag me in The Next Big Thing Blog Hop. This blog hop was created so authors could discuss their latest release or their current WIP (Work in Progress). LC got our engines running with her current WIP, American Muscle I'm gonna slow it down and tell you about my latest release, Substitute Heart. 


First, I want to share. This was the angel I received after finally submitted my story. When someone from my writing group submits a story, the stunning Xara X. Xanakas always gives our stories an angel to watch over them in the submission process. Isn't he breathtaking! 



1. What is the working title of your book?
Substitute Heart. I have to show you a picture of the AMAZING cover! I cried when I first saw it. Aisha, from Less Than Three Press designed it. (See Right-->)

2. Where did the idea come from for the book?

The title actually came first along with the first chapter. It was the first time I ever just sat down without thinking about what happens next, and wrote what I saw playing in my head.

3. What is the genre of the book?

Gay contemporary romance. 

4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie
rendition?

I think Travis would be played by Matthew Mitcham and Oliver would be played by Vin Diesel. 



5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
A solider returns from the dead to help husband move on. 

6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency/publisher?

Less Than Three Press published Substitute Heart on Dec. 12.

7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

I wrote the first chapter and set it aside until almost a full year later. I picked it back up, only taking a week or so to complete. 

8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

I haven't come across any in my genre per say, but I would say Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol. 

9. Who or what inspired you to write this book?

I love military stories. I always cry watching one YouTube video of a soldier returning home after another. This is picture (Left) also spoke to me. A lot of my work as a brotherhood theme, I admire their work and sacrifice. They are men and woman of honor. 

10. What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
When one of my best childhood friends passed away, I always wanted that one last chance to say goodbye. We all weren't blessed with that peace of mind of knowing our loved one is safe and okay. Travis gets to not only say goodbye, but know without a doubt that his former husband is always with him. 

To keep this blog hopping, here’s a list of awesome authors I think you should check out:
Zach Sweets and Casey K. Cox

0 comments:

Post a Comment