Sunday, December 9, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday: Substitute Heart

On Wednesday, my story, Substitute Heart will hit the shelves. I can't tell you how excited I am. This is the first story I ever submitted to a publisher. The people at Less Than Three Press were nice enough to accept it, making my dreams of becoming a published author come true:)

 I wrote the first chapter December of last year. After that first chapter, nothing I wrote seemed to 'fit' the characters. Setting it aside, it wasn't until September that I picked it back up. I loved this piece from the time I started until the very last word was written. I admit, I cried a few times telling Travis and Lane's story. I can only hope everyone who purchases it, feels that connection as I did. 

Without any more chit chat from me, here are your six sentences...maybe a little more;)

The men stopped and moved away from the casket, allowing me more time.  Each step I took closer to Lane felt empty. At first, I could only stare at the beautiful cherry wood. When I was finally able, I placed my shaking hands on the lid. I opened my mouth to speak but no words came out. I tried again. My voice was just as shaky as my hands as I finally stammered out, "Let's think of the future. Forget the past. You're not my first love. But you're my last." Tears burned my eyes and my heart shattered. 


Purchase Here






0 comments:

Post a Comment