Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Release Date and SH info!

Good day everyone! I received some exciting news this morning! My first story, Substitute Heart will be released December 12th! I am so over the moon excited and so shaking in my boots nervous. 

This story is a short contemporary Christmas piece. Travis Kuric, the main character has to start living again after the death of his husband. He has kinda hit rock bottom after losing his job days before Christmas. Travis has an unexpected visitor that helps him decide if he wants to keep living in the past or if he is going to pick himself up and live again. 

I seriously have an addiction to military videos, which started the idea for this piece. I torture myself by watching coming home videos. The first chapter in Substitute Heart came to me months before the rest of the plot came together. I cried like a baby writing that chapter. I always wondered what happened when a family member didn't come home. What happens to the people left behind? That is what started this piece. 

Pre-order Here

When I first submitted this piece, I didn't think it would be accepted. Zach Sweets and Xara Xanakas kept telling me it would, but they have to say things like that! They are like family to me. When I received my acceptance letter I called Xara and texted Sweets, who were both attending GRL. 

This story is a labor of love. I didn't care if it was accepted or not, I loved the story and characters and that was all that mattered. The more official the book came to be, the more excited I became to share it with everyone. I feel a little strange pimping my own work, but I guess I need to get over it! If you are looking for a Christmas story this holiday season, then please check out Substitute Heart;)

Happy Holiday!

XO,
Summer  

0 comments:

Post a Comment